|HOW TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT
- Visiting a real estate agent and asking for information.
- Checking real estate magazines.
- Through the Internet .
|RENT AND OTHER FEES
- Mediation fee is normally the equivelant of one month's rent.
- The rate of key money depends on the apartment,
but is usually 0-2 months rent.
- The rate of the deposit varies from house to house, but
1-3 months is standard. In the Kansai area , some properties have a 8-10months rent deposit .This is a special case (the system is called "Shiki-biki",similar
to key money in Kanto) in which 30-50% is deducted upon cancellation.
- The extension fee is usually equal to 1 month's rent in Kanto . On the
other hand, in Kansai , an extension fee is usually
- A g uarantor is required no matter what building or area you
live in , but some agents have developed a new system of taking a deposit in lieu of a guarantor. This new system is gaining popularity.
|REGULATIONS AND OTHERS
- The lease term is usually 2 years. However since the new
law "Teiki-shakka" has been put into effect, there are more
options regarding the lease term.
- Pets are not permitted by most lessors in Japan.
But some realty agents have started to answer the demands of pet owners,
and many lessors are more flexible these days.
- Unlike France , the lessee cannot redecorate
without the permission of the lessor. However, these days, some houses are
arranged according to the lessee's requests.
- Lessee must give one month's notice prior to leaving.
- The property must be restored to the condition it was in before the lessee moved in.
- The cleaning/repairs fee depends on how well owners
teach manners to their pets!